Have any questions about us? That’s great – we’re glad you asked!
Couldn’t find the answer you were looking for? Please contact us.
How to Fix Pinterest Error Code: 429 (Too Many Requests)
You may receive a 429 response code on Pinterest. This is a rate limit error message, indicating that you sent too many requests in a short time. In simple terms, you did too many actions too quickly.
Pinterest sends this error code to protect the platform from spam and make sure their Pins work properly, as too many requests can overload the servers.
Here are the most common reasons for the 429 response code Pinterest sends:
- Too many attempts to login
- Too many comments too quickly
- The same comment was posted repeatedly
- Starting to follow many users in a short time
- Adding and/or saving many Pins from the same site quickly
You can avoid the rate limit error by following these tips:
- Don’t repeat the same action too quickly
- Vary your actions
- Use Pinterest proxies, which will change your IP address and help you avoid being blocked
If you do get blocked on Pinterest, the ban will be lifted automatically within 24 hours.